YOU AND ME POEM
We’re sugar coated cinnamon sticks
Sugar and spice, the best of both worlds.
Don’t run without your knickers on
I’ll surely run after you, like I always should.
Tonight, we lay under a blanket of clouds
Reminiscing the sunrise and sunsets we’ve shared
The iciness of the night is left abandoned
No harshness can break the comfort we bred.
I used to struggle away from your shadow
Having this yearning to stand on my own
But no matter what road I chose to take
You, my sister, will be my companion.
I remember walking barefoot on the desert
it bruised my feet until they were sore
I looked up to the stars and saw your face
It banished all the burdens I bore..
And now the verdant meadows emerge before us
The comfort of the another dusk transpiring
We grew out of love for lollipops and rainbows,
But still we dream of happy endings and prince charming.
We continue to share this scenario together
Holding hands, smiling and carefree
Blushing as we promise to stay forever
And to hold memories of you and me.
No comments:
Post a Comment