Kamusta naman ang lola?
After two straight Girls Night Out with the BFFs, I realized that I am no longer equipped to stay awake until past midnight.
Yes, GJ and friends were this close to slapping me with a hot tea bag to keep me awake and talking. Not even the smell of freshly brewed coffee can shoo away the lamb jumping over the fence inside my head.
Thursday
GJ, three months after she resigned, decided to (finally) start her clearance signing. This is, by the way, due to the peer pressure brought about by my other resigned friend, Mads. Since the Oldies gang was almost complete (minus Jen who was in Dumaguete for a client call), we ate lunch together at Pancake House. Laurice and I wanted to be health conscious so we ordered hot tea instead of iced tea. Then we ordered dessert. Harhar.
Since GJ has some serious guy problem, we decided to cheer her up by accompanying her in watching SATC. I've already seen the movie last Sunday with my cousins (joy and ruth), my sister and my brother, Randy who was more excited to see the movie.. hmmmmm.
Since I found the movie highly entertaining, I didn't mind spending another Php 150 for the movie and another 150 for coffee at Starbucks High Street after the movie. Besides, this is one of the rare occasions that the BFF plans were realized. No, wait. This was not planned. Which made it even better. Many thanks to the ever reliable GJ who drove the gang home. That's Makati to Taguig to QC to Mandaluyong to Manila and finally home to Paranaque. Whew! Great thing she doesn't have to wake up early for work.
Friday
For some strange reason which I did not dare ask, Kathy invited the BFFs to a dinner at Yellowcab. All Expense paid. Whooohoo. Shempre, who am I not to come? Pizza till you drop dead and Pasta till you sneeze it out of your noses. So who would blame me if I was staggering out of the car as we went to High Street to have coffee? I know, I know. Its totally SB (Sakit Baboy) of me. But what can I do? The stress of work and age are taking their toll on me.
I've yet to see if I've exchanged souls with a granny next week when the Perks have their semi-annual (haha!) get together next Saturday!
Abangan!
No comments:
Post a Comment