Anyway, yesterday was great. I was wearing my fasyon LBD for a client call, red lipstick that complemented my burnt skin (I do not exaggerate when I say that I got dark), and my statement necklace. Needless to say, despite being sick the entire week, I felt like I was ready to conquer Makati and pierce it with my four-inched heels. It was probably a gift of foresight that I dressed up well since my friend Mamba sent me a last minute invitation to an alta (sociedad) dinner. Very Manila Socialite ang peg. Thank you to Mamba's mom for giving us passes to the shalan dinner place. Next time ulit.
I got a funny kwento as to how we got there. As any commuting Filipino knows, its a biatch getting anywhere on a rainy Friday, payday night. So it was hard for Flamethrower (who just got her hair rebonded) and I to get a cab to go to the Fort. We decided to separate, flamey queues up at the taxi lane, while i try to hail one from the other side. I dont know what got into me but when a private white car stopped in front of me and showed a signboard that goes "Makati-CBD", i got in. It was only when the driver introduced himself that I thought 'hey, is this safe?' Well, fortunately, we got there in one piece and the private cab driver was actually pretty nice. He does transport services and has many clients. He even gave us his calling card just in case we need a lift again.
Oh, before I forget, I almost bumped into my ex yesterday (yes, while wearing that black number and heels). I had lunch with two of my friends (one is still my officemate, while the other one is there for the interview) at a nearby mall. We went our separate ways after lunch, my ex-officemate went inside the mall, while my other friend and I took the cab. And who's the first person that my ex-friend saw at the door of the mall? My Ex. Yes, it was really a close encounter of the fourth kind.
Oh, Friday.
No comments:
Post a Comment