After 8 years of blissful, semi-tragic and bittersweet stay in the Company, I have finally decided to leave my comfort zone and cross the threshold. Yes, I never thought it was possible but I have finally resigned in my company which has been my second home since forever. When you think about it, if my company and I decided to have a child together, he/ she would have been in second grade. That long.
And yet, i stepped into this new world with breathtaking abandon and youthful exuberance like its my first time. To say that this new job is a life changer would be an understatement. It is both scary and exciting that it feels like I am always on the edge of a cliff, ready to dive.
For starters, I had to finish my driving lessons. I know its 2 years late, but I had to rush my lessons because I will soon be driving not in the traffic ridden manila but in badass streets of New York and open spaced Hawaii. its not really the targets that is scary me to death but my not-so-stellar driving skills.
Second, I am starting to get accustomed to talking to strangers. I know I'm great in sales but its always them who come to me, instead of me initiating the conversation. But this time, i had to remove my suplada vibes and put on my charm 24/7. Admittedly, it was hard for me at first but when I got the hang of things, it was kind of fun knowing that you can earn people's trust with the time of acquaintanceship never being an issue.
Finally, this job would require me to truly be independent--- fend for myself and live without my parents and family's support. I know I felt like i was 'independent' but living with my parents has accorded me with benefits like having household help that would take care of the laundry and dinner when i get home. My dad would be there to drive me places even though I could just get there by myself. This time, na-da. I have to do all that on my own, apart from making my own schedules day by day for the next two months.
I dont know how this job will fan out but so far, I am loving the busy-ness and novelty that it brings. Whatever happens, I would never forget to thank God for blessing me with the gift of new challenges.
And as Laida Magtalas would say, this is me, Version 2.0., Stronger, fiercer, better.
No comments:
Post a Comment