Sugarfree was on RX again.
What can i say, those guys simply rock. I dont know how they were able to do it, but they made me fall in love again.
The lyrics were so wonderfully honest, just like the first album, but this time, they're happier and more optimistic.
feeling ko na naman, those songs are MY songs.
Nung Lumabas yung Sa Wakas, it was the time when my so-called "lovelife" ended. Most of the songs, I was able to relate to. SOngs of rejection, of sadness, of goodbye. I remember how the song Burnout and Unang Araw gripped my heart... Shit, para talagang pinipiga ang puso ko. with those killer lines:
-- O kay tagal din kitang minahal.. (tapos sa ending)
O kay tagal din kitang MAMAHALIN.
Wag Mo akong sisihin, kung minsan ika'y hanapin
ito ang unang araw na wala ka na...
talk about honesty.
Their songs reflected my state of mind (and heart) during that time. I bought an album, I still listen to it when i have the time.
And he has one too.
Yun ang gusto ko sa kanya.. sobrang pareho kami ng interest when it comes to music. Another band which often reminds me of him is Dishwalla. basta, something to do with Somewhere in the Middle.
haaay, nostalgia.
anyway, i was able to catch their performance unplugged via RX... and wow, they were making HAPPY songs now. the songs are still catchy, heartfelt and sincere.
WHen i heard Tulog na, i dont know why i cried but i did. its not that i still love him, far from it. pero siguro, memories caught up with me. Not that im running away from them.. wala lang. Sa sobrang daming nangyayari, new things just push our memories aside. siguro, it was flooded back to shore nung narinig ko yung Sugarfree songs.
Sana may magregalo sa akin ng Sugarfree album, Dramachine. Cause, Im missing all the Drama in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment