Although I am missing 'the bomb',my favorite side dish at Tender Bob Express, I'm talking about the recent tragic event that happened a few blocks away from our office (kinda a lot of blocks away, actually).
Im sure that many people working in Makati would consider this as an almost death experience. Take my officemate for example. She was supposed to have lunch at Glorietta but my other officemate ordered food for the whole department to celebrate her birthday, thus, preventing my other officemate from leaving the office. Also, my boyfriend was telling me that his friend suggested to eat at Burger King in Glorietta, but since Andy and Pogs have already ordered, they opted to stay and eat at Reyes Barbeque (Greenbelt 1). I, for one, consider this an almost but not quite death experience. I could say that I was supposed to have my eyebrows trimmed at Bench Fix salon, just a few escalator rides from the place of the incident, but I was planning to do it after office. Aaaaaaah, shempre, pasok pa din. hehe. Buti na lang, I had the chutzpah to don the Brooke Shields brows (less fashionable, more bakulaw- like kilay). Shempre, after this, I might avoid the malls for another week, therefore, please dont give me that is-that-a-taong gubat look. I have my reason, and its valid!
After the initial hour of hearing about it in the news and seeing the pictures in the email, I was successful in putting the tragedy behind and starting to focus on the work at hand. But the tension builds again when Erik and I walked our way to the MRT. We entered the almost empty Landmark with the sales ladies outnumbering the customers and it was only 7:30 pm on a Friday night. Because of the bombing, all connecting routes to Glorietta were closed. We had to walk around it to get to the MRT. Shempre, we saw a lot of Usi's and media people. I actually overheard one lady asking, "anong meron? Shooting?"
Aaaaaah, san ka galing, ate? Pluto? Whatthe hell do you think? Its a freaking bombing, stupid!
Seriously, Its just sad that this thing has to happen since its shaking us a good deal, hitting closer and closer to home. I was bothered when the Oakwood Mutiny happened. Now, I'm rattled and disturbed that even a place as common as a mall gets targeted by terrorists or conspiracy groups. One can never feel safe anymore.
My prayer goes out to the victims of the Ayala Mall bombing who do not deserve such a violent death. Its hard to take in the grief of someone dying of a freak accident, its so much harder if its just a diversionary tactic gone wrong or an opposition's screwed up effort of rousing fury amongst the Filipino people. Its hardest if its just some whackos wanting to grab some attention.
Whoever did this, may the pangs of guilt and the howls of the anguished never let you sleep.
Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment