Saturday, July 23, 2005

At the stars: A tale of Quantum Physics

manang Dinggay better give me a positive reading or I'll kick her Spanish ass to pluto.

I cant believe I paid 500 pesos to have my life planned out for me. 500 bucks! that's my three days allowance, not to mention the exact amount inside my wallet! If she is as good at guessing the contents of my wallet as she is at fortune telling, then I'll be having a perfect life after all.

THE READING: A summary

I swear i felt the energy coursing through my left arm. It has that tingling sensation...the same feeling when you're having cramps. anyway, manang Dinggay explained to me first how we would go about the entire fortune telling process. First would be the general reading, then the 6-questions, the summary and finally the direction of my life in general. She gave us some tips on how to spot the "fake fortune tellers" and told us that fortune telling is a science, to be specific, its all about quantum physics. Let's see how accurate this science is.

Lucky day: August 18
My lucky color: green
My not so lucky color: red
Lucky numbers: 1 and 10 (my favorite number!)

According to manang Dinggay, and i would rather not confirm it for suspense sake, I am currently bothered by a certain dilemma, causing me some sleepless nights and loss of apetite. I need to come back to being spiritual, i need to pray a lot to give myself peace of mind. She also said that i need not worry about money because i will be receiving a large (or maybe im exaggerating, i dont remember) amount of money. I will be traveling a lot within the next two years, my career will blossom and will give me the freedom i've always wanted. Im in a relationship that is unhealthy for me (i asked her to explain this a bit further but i forgot her response). A married man is in love with me (really now?). I'm not the one breaking the relationship because its broken in the first place (this is the part where manang dinggay gave us her two cents worth on true love). I asked if Married as in married or someone in a relationship-- boyfriend/girlfriend. She only said that the cards do not distinguish marriage as the "social marriage" with a church wedding and all. It could be someone who is already committed... she warned me to be careful because even if it wasnt my fault, people would still be putting the blame on me. C'mon. Im no virgin to that kind of injustice, manang dinggay. Fret not. ANyway, she also warned me to be "careful" for i have a huge chance of getting pregnant out of marriage. sheeeeesh, so much for my sexual fantasies. because of this, you can be assured that i'll be a virgin bride, thanks to Manang dinggay.

Six Questions

Anna Banana (AB): uhm, I'm currently working for a certain company but i got a call from another company. Although Im enjoying my current job, i feel that there's a mismatch between it and my interest. Should i pursue the other one or should i just stay?

Manang Dinggay (MD): Go. Leave your office now or you will regret it later. Something unpleasant will happen if you dont go. The other job is not that bad.

AB: my friends and I have a plan to set up our own company, will this plan materialize or not?

MD: It will. But im telling you its not going to be easy. Just remember not to let the business go between the friendship. But it will be very successful.

Noticing that all my questions were career/ money related, Tubby and Ms. Gelli forced me to ask a love related question. and so i did.

AB: Uhm, manang, have i met the man of my dreams or do i have to wait pa?

MD: youve already met him. If the cards showed a page,that means that you havent met him or that you are not yet aware of his existence, although her may know yours. But in this case, a king already appeared. that means, you know him already.

follow up

AB: do i have to wait long and incur heartbreaks before we'll be together?

MD: no, once you've committed to each other, that would be forever. no more heartaches.

AB: will my family experience a great difficulty causing a crack in our relationship?

MD: No, you have a very strong family. you will incur only the petty problems. nothing major.

AB: Will i get to settle abroad?

MD: No. you will travel a lot, but settling elsewhere? That wont happen.

AB: Finally, when I get married and have kids, what kind of family will i have? problematic?

MD: you will have a great family. You'll have a good husband and nice kids. you will have everything you need, including the wealth and success you wanted.

WOW.. dont you think that's perfect? its too good to be true.

SUMMARY:

you will be getting a lot of calls for the next 21 days. a lot of opportunities. you will be torn between two lovers, one of which is probably the married guy. you would have to ask him to set things straight before you go into a relationship with him.

Direction: you will find a "home" in another company. or parang ganun. I forgot na talaga.

So... that ends my session with manang dinggay. Surreal, but i'd rather think it true than to counter the good vibes.

haha... sharing lng.

Last friday, i went to megamall to see my friend Assunta. While strolling, this salesperson from family first (you know that obnoxious and irritating people disturbing your peace) blocked my way and told me that i won their game or something. WHy? because i was holding a paper bag with a GREEN logo. According to them, Green was their color for the day...(which changes everytime a potential client walks by). I told them i was underaged, thus cannot win.

As for the "many phone calls", no kidding. I did receive a lot of phone calls a la call center. this is because i was the only one left in our team last thursday so i had n0 choice but to answer the three phones nearest to my table.

Finally, i did get to travel. Last friday, i had a client call in Pasay and fairview.

haha.. and one more thing. I told my officemates about the hula, especially the thing about me being in an unhealthy relationship. One of them quipped, "baka naman yung magiging karelasyon mo yung unhealthy." i laughed because they were referring to my loveteam, Bookie, who is sick every week.

Manang Dinggay got things all wrong. If this is the most accurate event regarding my fortune, I'm in for some huge trouble, not to mention disapppointment as well.

No comments: