I'm a few bucks away from being broke, and i just got my pay two days ago.
yesterday, my officemates and I went out to burn our hard earned money. We went to Powerplant mall to climb (every mountain). of course, knowing my luck, things dont usually turn out perfect. i was late in our appointment because i had to do some panic shopping. Knowing the time constraints, I took a cab from our local mall to MRT North station. There i was greeted with a loooong line of people buying tickets. Whew, I said to myself. Good thing I buy stored value cards. But as luck would have it, I left my card in my other bag. I told you, things like these happen to me everytime.
Instead of lining up and brushing elbows with the rest of them, I opted to take a bus, which i knew everyone would say, a stupid idea. That's correct. Its stupid. I had to bear the appalling smell of kulob and the insipid look from the guy sitting at the other side.
Finally, i was able to reach makati. Since i was not sure which part of Makati Rockwell is, I opted to go down Edsa- Buendia and take a cab to the Mall. Hahaha... it was after 30 seconds did i notice that it was just a stone throw away from where i needed to go. The fare only amounted to P30.50... Feeling stupid, i gave the manong P40 pesos.
After that, the day went perfectly. I had the greatest time with my officemates. We went wall climbing where I had to grate my teeth when the climbing tutor made me look like some brainless twit. For your info, Mr. kabayo Hair, I took up sports climbing for one sem and got a 1.25 with ease. belat ka.
After the exhilarating climb, we went window shopping then ate at Dencio's. Our next stop was at the movie house. Considering that we have three male companions, I was surprised that we chose to watch If only starring jennifer Love hewitt. I must admit, I am not a huge fan of Jennifer love. Maybe i have a grudge against women who have Barbie doll figure (Small waist/ built, huge breasts). They remind me that the world is unfair. In fairness, it was an ok film... though at some ultra mushy parts where the guy was showing how much he loves jennifer, I cant help bu roll my eyes and say, This is so not realistic.
10:30. On our way to Starbucks to part ways with the entire gang, Bookie commented that it was still early to go home on a saturday night. Ambec agreed and then we decided to drink, stay merry and go broke. We went to good earth to talk and discuss life and something like it.
After playing kundoktora to our Manong driver (Sir Andoy) who drove 5 people home including moi, I got home at around 3 am.
After that truly fun saturday, the rest of us will be having salt for lunch until the next payday comes. I cant wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment