Finally, I'm having my long overdue vacation. As I've frequently told my office friends, I am the original curacha, linggo lang ang pahinga.Yep, I went straight from college and into the work field. I graduated Saturday and started working Monday... and I havent had a leave lasting more than two working days.
So, how's my trip so far?
Let me start by telling you my first day. I had to attend the wedding of my boss, but only up to the church wedding as my flight leaves 10pm. Knowing traffic could be such a bitch on a Saturday, I was fretting because I had to be at the airport before 8pm, and my parents were still stuck at traffic at 6pm. I was saying all my prayers and thinking of all possible worst case scenarios if I come late to the airport.
Thankfully, I arrived a few minutes before 8pm (no dinner! just my baong hopia). I was still in my wedding attire (electric blue, body hugging dress and 4 inches heels) so everybody was looking at me thinking, "what is she all dressed up for? It's just the airport."
Anyway, I was able to check in without a hitch and survived a long flight watching Lake House ( a beautiful movie) and Before Sunrise (aaaw). I was also able to sleep for 7 hours, longer than what I usually have at the comfort of my own home. In a matter of hours, I was in beautiful California.
My cousin's husband and my two nieces took me to LA and Hollywood on my first day. Being huge Lakers fans, they had to take me first to downtown LA to let me see Staples Center and Nokia Theater. After that, we went to Hollywood and saw Grauman's Chinese Theater and the shops on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills (as if I could afford these shops!). It was so sweet of them to buy me a Hardrock and UCLA shirt, and a Katy Perry perfume which smells soooooo good! It comes with a purse and locket with solid perfume in it. So cool. But the greatest thing would probably be having my picture taken with a smokin' hot Abercrombie and Fitch model and walking down the gay district of LA and seeing guys dancing in their undies (like a girlie bar). My two underage nieces were so scandalized, its funny.
It was a good day strolling and shopping at Nordstrom. But since I am a self-confessed workaholic, I just had to check my mails when I got back to work. 78 emails for barely 4 hours off from work(working hours I mean). And I had a report to submit! so much for relaxing.
Day 2 was more laid back. We went to a mall near my cousin's place but it was huge. I didn't get to go around much because my cousin's husband had to go to work. I also had to fix my shopping list before I go to malls to have my purchases (and budget) in order. I got some stuff from H & M and Roxy. We also had time to go to the beach to stroll. It was so beautiful, I love it. Even though my hands were freezing, I still had time to appreciate how "OC" the scene was.
Since we got home pretty early and there wasnt much to do, I spent most of my free time answering emails and eating. Yes, people here do not stop eating! Even though I'm stuffed to the brim, I couldn't put down the caramel popcorns or the raspberries.
Tomorrow, time to walk off the calories because I'm going to Universal Studios! Time to bring out the child in me.
No comments:
Post a Comment