Saturday, March 26, 2005

The end is the Beginning is the End

Graduation is fast approaching. Soon, I will be leaving my Beloved Alma Mater, UP. For the last four years, it has molded me to become the person that I am now, independent, self- reliant, experienced.

journal entry #1:
june 13, 20011:23 pm
tatooed and waiting.. tatooed and waiting...
its the day before my new life as a college babe and I am wallowing in boredom. So, high school's over and i'm facing a new chapter in my so- called life. SO what?!?
Well, first and foremost, im about to encounter a deeper sense of depth when it comes to decision- making and problem solving. Like no more "Oh my goodness! I have a zit" but more of "masterals or law?" thingy.
So my childishness and illusions officially ended after the the closing of my fave telenovela. I have to get Marco Duran out of my mind!"
So... am i ready to face college?!? I'm about to find out!


-end of journal entry-


How time flies. I can still vividly remember the first day of classes.I was wearing my favorite purple Kashieca shirt and black jeans. THere was a freshman welcome at the UP Theater. coolness. Of course, I was surprised (and relieved) that I am not the only Xientian to take up Economics. I sat next to Mamba, said hello and started chatting. Mamba and I were schoolmates in highschool but during those four years, never did we utter a single word to each other. That was the first time and look where we are now? Perks squad for life.


Journal Entry #2:
june 14, 20017:47 pmhouse
Gosh! what a fun filled FIRST DAY! we started off with an orientation and i truly enjoyed it. I think the UP repertory is fantastic... with its funny & bastos sense of humour! hmm, the pep, choir and dance club were excellent. what else? I think I am freaked out at my block & school (econ) mates. They're so coño. I love to be an Ecosoc member. Bonding with Mamba.
Hope to have better days!


-end of journal entry-


Hah! i can remember the first ever official class day. something funny happened. Until now, Tubby and the rest of my blockies laugh at this whenever someone brings this story up.

journal Entry #3:
6:21 amUP; Engineering bldg
My first day (official) college day. I'm at my brother's office. I'm wearing my kashieca blouse... I feel invisible. WHat else?... ok.. gonna chit chat later...


hehehehe... had fun in my first subject. La kami prof. kala namin prof yung isang senior. walked from AS to math building. Pagod. Kain sa beach house. Math 17... a nightmare. nag diagnostic lang naman kami at wala akong maisagot. saw oscar...cute. naligaw at nalate for my PE. kahiya. Natsci. lang prof. malamig. Yun lang.


- end of journal entry-


anyway, its just funny that i still have my silver greenwich notebook/ journal. I'm seriously not a diary writing person... but for some queer reason, i've kept a lot of written memories which capture a lot of virgin thoughts, bitter stories, and unfounded depression.

it's a good thing that i learned the art of e-journaling. haha..


hmm, so,what's the point of this post? wala lang. it's a ritual, i guess. I tend to cap off an important event by having a walk down memory lane. Somehow reminds me that everything that ends has a beginning worth noting... and every wonderful beginning eventually has its end. good, bad, boring, memorable. you'd have to take it as it is...


I still wear the Kashieca shirt. It does not only remind me of the first day of classes but also of other important events in my life: the day i got 106 in our duckpin bowling class, the day thoushallnotbenamed, flamethrower and I watched A Knight' Tale etc etc. AS for the black jeans, its now faded and displays a white stain due to clorox. It has, just like purple kashieca shirt, seen better days.Although i seldom use it, i just cant throw it away. There's just some things about old things that arrests me. Maybe I'm just an old soul... or maybe not.

No comments: