Sunday, October 29, 2006

The Ultimate Kwento Ever

Its too amazing not to give a detailed kwento kaya kahit na I am still too overwhelmed to coherently and accurately give a blow by blow account, I shall try my best to tell how my unrequited love became unrequited no more.

****

Its so funny that when I was still going boinkers over our "malabo" status, he was actually thinking that we were already going steady. Of course I could not fault him for thinking that way. He is inexperienced with these things so he equates going out/ accompanying me to the MRT/ taking me home as a sign of our official togetherness. As usual, nag feeling na naman ang mama.

Anyway, since he started working na for his new company, we wouldnt see each other on a daily basis and would just text me on how his day went etc. I'd be touch whenever he would go out of his way to meet me in Glorietta just to walk me to the MRT. So when we he invited to a date a couple of Saturdays ago (october 14), I was thrilled. Yedey! this is it na talaga! he is finally, seriously courting me na. So yes, he wanted to take me to...

SM.

wheeeng. Mali eh.. maling mali. So i had to take over so as to prevent this first official date from turning into a disaster. I told him we'll go to Eastwood instead, have dinner, watch a movie and have coffee after. Buti na lang at masunurin ang bata. Oo lang ng oo.

So he picked me up at around 4pm in the afternoon ( he doesnt like late night gimmicks). Of course, my dad was dumbfounded. His little baby is turning into a young lady and he is in denial. ( but this is a different story) We watched the departed and had dinner at Cafe Adriatico para talagang 'date na date' na ito. I dont know what caused the conversation to turn sour but at the end of our date, I was pissed as hell. All i could remember was that he proposed to me like he was just reading the "BFC" book (he was given a pep talk by his friends who collectively call themselves BFC) and he also told me that he wouldnt say the L word, which for me is stupid. I refused to talk to him and he took me home immediately without fixing things.

I waited for his "im home" text and dropped him the bomb that I dont think things will work out between us. I assured him that i will still be a friend to him etc. etc. Since he didnt reply immediately after that, I thought that he was mad which was the last thing that i wanted to happen. I called him up to check if we were still okay and i found out that he still hasnt read my text. Knowing that i kinda preempted the drama sequence, I hang up and waited until he read it..

okay... waiting... hmmmm... waiting... my eyelids were slowly dropping...

and my baby singing ringtone resounded in my empty room.

"... im glad that u enjoyed our date, well it was meant to be a date. I dont want our relationship to end. I've found the girl na magpapasaya sa akin and it is you. i promise to make this real. no more if evers. sana you can give me a chance. pls reply michiko. can you still be my "michiko"?

wala na... patay na... who can resist him when he says these words? Tao lang naman ako... so yes, I forgave him and i told him that its okay if he doesnt say the "L" word yet. At kamustahin mo ang lolo mo, nag I love you na sa text.... wala na lalo akong nagawa...

The morning after, he woke me up with his lovely words... he said that he was thankful for last night because he realized he loves me na pala and he doesnt want to lose me. I told him na sayang at ang kanyang first I love you ay via text lang. Hindi na sha nag reply.

So okay. I texted Karyll to tell her that we were able to work things out. While in a middle of composing a text, our bibong housemaid, Ate Yen was telling me in her loud ilonggo accent that he is here again.

Who is here again? I asked.

"Si "MTB", may dalang flowers!"

Nawindang ako. Naloka. Nalaglag ang puso. ganun pala yun...

It appeared that after he received my text, he tried to make things right. He was in Market Market to have some papers photocopied so it was there that he bought me those beautiful red roses with green ribbon (favorite color ko kasi eh). He drove to my house without thinking...without any preparation, at 11:30 in the morning! parang Intsik!

Nakakatawa lang talaga siya. He looked nervous when he told me that he's not gonna stay long. He just dropped by to tell me in person that he loves me then he took my hand, waiting for a response.

all i could sum up saying was...

Nawiwindang ako.

Ayuuuuun... so ayun na ang kwento... Wala na akong masabi pa. He just makes me so happy that I cant think nor find the right words to make this kwento more creative. Basta, mahal ko sha.

No comments: