Surreal.
I guess you never realize how fast time flies until something major happens that makes you remember that you’re not a kid anymore. I’ve been working for more than
While I am stuck in a time-frozen capsule (including Perksquad), everyone else seems to be moving in sound-like speed. High school classmates getting pregnant and having children, acquaintances settling abroad, College crushes passing away due to a car accident, an orgmate being subpoena-ed due to frat-related scandal, and now, my bestfriend finally getting hitched. Wow, I feel like I’m a
I should be thankful, of course. I bet most people my age would like to have a plain normal life like what I have. I can say that I can’t complain, though it doesn’t hurt to have more money than I have now. But that is achievable, I think. It’s just that its so…. Surreal.
I can’t speak for those people who have gone on to the next stage of life because I don’t know their reasons for being there. Maybe its God’s plans for them, maybe it’s by choice, maybe it’s an accident. Nevertheless, I wish them all luck.
I, on the other hand, am taking it one day at a time. Working hard, playing hard, having fun and learning life. It’s not bad to have plans, you know, to take your sweet time while planning the future. Although the events in between are fuzzy like I plan it to be, the general plan is to get promoted to senior management at
So don’t panic if you’re 27 and you’ve never been in a relationship. Life is only as short as you want it to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment