I was kidnapped by the aliens when the UAAP Cheering competition happened.
Until now,I still have no idea how and why I failed to watch the most anticipated event by all UP students which shows that we could excel in sports (of some sort).
Thanks to the power of the internet, I got to see the event via youtube. UP Pep was amazing! It made me want to kick myself for not watching it live.
Anyway, since there was clearly no violent reaction from my side (since we are all full blooded iskolar ng bayan),I didnt know there was much dispute about our win until I read Tubby's blog. To the 5 ___students who posted that blog, hwahaha... How much gay-er can you actually get?
FEU's performance was great, just like last year. I think they deserve the 1st runner up position instead of UST (although they have almost the same routine as UST's, FEU's execution was flawless).
Here are my reasons why UP Pep deserves the win:
1. We are risk takers
- we do NOT play it safe. Every year, we try to create stunts that one has not yet seen before.
Even if the stunt is impossible to perfect. Remember the skipping rope routine? Who would have thought of that? NO ONE but UP. That was extremely hard, but they still gambled on that idea just because they think it is groundbreaking and brilliant--- and it is.
We never compromise, we never take the easy road.
2. We are original
- Others just recycle our old stunts and just make bawi on the execution. If you are an avid fan of UAAP Cheerdance, you will notice that their routines are just rehashed version of our old routines, with some very slight modifications. Ika nga ni Melanie Marquez, been there, been that.
- and yes, our choices of songs, costumes and themes are always unexpected. Dont you just hate it when Other Schools incorporate themes that are already gasgas? God, even with eyes closed I know that someone will use the Transformer theme, or the Spiderman theme... Just because its already a hit. They are sooooo easy.
- as for UP, totally original! I love the rock theme, especially when they used songs from Wolfgang. Nobody saw that coming.
3. We are a trendsetter
- we pioneered the jazz pants which as you can see, almost all schools are wearing. We introduced the side linings that are used to create the illusion of fluid motions and now, everybody is wearing that. Now, we opt to do the pedal pusher, backless with kinky ribbons in front. Lemme see, shall I wait a couple of years before it gets pirated? I dont think so. Its too forward for them to wear. Only UP has the guts and the panache to wear them. Ha!
I have great respects for other schools, especially FEU (they're great dancers). But only UP deserves this year's crown. Its our TIME--- wait for yours.
"Matatapang, Matatalino, Walang Takot, Kahit Kanino.
Hinding Hindi, Magpapahuli, Ganyan Kaming Mga taga UP"
(they should make this a proxy alma mater song. Every UP student knows it, unlike UP Naming Mahal. Just a thought)
No comments:
Post a Comment