Well, lemme just make kwento about how I spent my bur-day.
First, I was bullied by the BFFs to bring some food to the office a day before my birthday. They said that we are going to have a private party sans the cord and passes. I had to shush them everytime they talked about it lest the entire office barge in our department with plates and tupperware.As much I want to make a pakain, my birthday falls between sweldo, aka poverty days.
Thanks to my ever supportive parents, I was able to fill many stomachs that day with our super famous binagoongan (my dad's specialty) and Mommy's mechado. My parents were instant celebrity and if we were to open a restaurant, Im sure my officemates will be the first ones in line. Seeing them all happy and made my awkward commute worth it (yes, I had to bring it to the office as a public commuter).
Come Saturday, my real birthday, my parents were too tired to cook another feast for my family. Therefore, we had to order food to feed them all. In fairness, my mommy was cool enough to pay for all my gastos (payable when able), including the 18-inch chicken corona salsa we bought from Yellow Cab. Just to add a personal touch to the party, I cooked pasta (spaghetti and meatballs and the other one, oil and garlic with hungarian sausage).
Since I cant go out that day, I had to offer my house in lieu of the initial Rockwell gimmick Flamethrower was organizing. The Perks minus Tubby (who was attending a soro party somewhere near our area) barged their way into our house, without a gift nor the spirit. haha. So like them. Flamethrower, who came late due to a roadtrip with one of her boys, offered to pay for our beer. Yay!
WIth a microphone in one hand and a Red Horse on the other, my birthday was super fun. Too bad Tubby wasnt there to celebrate with us. Fret not, sis, there's still my 24th.
No comments:
Post a Comment