Yes, yes. I admit. I have been very lazy these past few days. I haven't updated my blog until now. My blog lay there, unattended for almost a week. What happened? Well, I don’t really know. A lot of things, I guess. I found out that I couldn’t possibly sustain a serious courtship, although I want one. It seems that I have a knack for sabotaging any romance in my life. I would rather not go into the details.
Also, I found out that I am, indeed, a very inconsistent person when it comes to love/ like. I apparently can’t stick to a single decision for at least two weeks. I mean, its only last week when I thought that I was liking someone. Now, i'm seriously swearing off the idea. It was , as i often say, a minor glitch in my oh-so bland life.
Another learning I’ve had so far is knowing that my cynicism is beyond tolerance level. You see, we were at a carnival last Friday and we went inside the horror house. Of course, I would really want to be shaking inside my boots, just to spice up my life. Nothing scares me anymore. (oooops, there is one pala, that is the thought of ending up with someone who would bore me to death). Inside, we saw how special effects tried hard to scare us, but to no avail. Although I would be lying if I told you that I didn’t run nor scream, those are just results of being with Queer and Mamba whose idea of horror is seeing a flying fake wig.
When we left the horror house, we decided to see more of the attractions the amusement park was offering. There we saw several "perya" games I used to play whenever we visit the province during Fiesta. There was a fish-the-duck game wherein we use a rod to get a plastic duck. Every duck has a plastic inside its mouth that will indicate whether you win a price or not. There were about I dunno, 100 of them (I suck at estimation) and I asked the lady if she can show us a duck which has a price inside its mouth. The girl just gave me a quizzical look Even during playtime, I still nurse my doubts.
Susy's friends (Frodo, Your Majesty, Carlo, and two other friends*) joined us an hour and a half later. I entered the Horror House again, but with Queer and Mamba absent. I was walking with the costume-clad monsters, telling them, galing na ako dito kanina, tigilan nyo na ako. Wow, I can just imagine those guys thinking I’m the most KJ customer they ever had.
Moving on, we saw this booth named, pasaway where a gay person sits on a sort of diving board above a “pool.” The goal is to throw a small ball at a pipe which, when pushed, will lower the diving board, sending the gay person swimming below the dirty water. We were anything but amused. It was pure horror, human cruelty. At that moment, Tubby and I wanted to make a documentary about it. Poverty is really escalating.
Aside from the fake wigs and fake monsters, two horrors came my way. One was the mushroom arm (which came out of nowhere, leaving my jaws detached) and the evil plot my friends Tubby and Mamba set against me. When Susy and I were coming back to be with them, i heard my name (my complete name for that matter) being called for everyone to hear! I was so embarrassed, my cheeks were burning. Its a good thing they didnt add a description of me. (calling _____, wearing a candy cane blouse, black jeans and 3-inch platform shoes. please report in front of the huge Christmas Tree)
So that's how i spent my Friday after Christmas party Night.
* I can’t think of a codename right now
No comments:
Post a Comment