You see? It’s a cycle.
its been so long since i had so much fun, i actually forgot how good it feels.
Today, i had the chance to go out and not think about pressing matters in my life as a student. Although not entirely true ( we brainstormed on techie stuff for STS), i was able to use the latter part of my day with a person i love. Yes, i went to see Brad Pitt. Actually, i watched his movie with one of my best friends, Samantha at Gateway Araneta. It was my first time to go there and i can say that it's really nice. i was surprised that its only 99 bucks. wow.. not bad eh?
ganito yun, i left prinsipe B's palace at around 5:15 because my "date" was around 6. I commuted my way to Cubao happily, not minding the growing ache in my feet because of my killer mules. Went i got there, she wasnt there yet... (what was i expecting? samantha to be on time? that's close to impossible) i went to the washroom to freshen up and to my surprise, there's a fee of 10 bucks. Good thing, the washroom's clean and complete with toiletries. When I left the washroom, she still wasn’t there. Reminded of the “planner deadline”, I went to look for Starbucks which is actually located outside the mall. Not in the mood to be perked up by caffeine, I opted for a hot chocolate. Yes, three more stickers to go.
When I finally went back to our meeting place, I found Samantha there. Thank God she’s here, I thought. We exchanged kisses and she recited her memorized apology, I could only heave a deep breath and forgive her again. What was I expecting? A miracle? Anyway, she made kwento about her “date” with Lucifer the night before. She went to his place! Aargh.. well, its ok. As long as they don’t do anything funny (or kinky), it doesn’t matter. I made kwento naman about my demented texter. Of course, she got disturbed (who wouldn’t?). After the movie (and after nth times of wiping drool off my cheeks because of brad’s yumminess), we went to grab dinner. Actually, its more of a coffee break before we go home. She has to leave early kasi nga she went home late (I mean early, as in early morning) from Lucifer’s place. WE bought our regular drink, caramel frap, coffee based. Still, I needed one more sticker. I summoned all my courage, swallowed my pride and asked the guy in front of me if he can do me the favor of filling my sticker book. I made sure he’s harmless (translation: fat, father-like, almost effeminate) guy so he wouldn’t think I was hitting on him. Yes! Finally, my sticker book was completely filled!
After a French Fries take out at Mc Donald’s, we took a Sex and the City walk outside, welcoming the cool breeze and the glam atmosphere. Of course, what’s a Samantha- Miranda reunion without a reminiscing of past loves? Eventually, after talking about it, I got depressed, something everyone should expect of me. While we were waiting for our “cab” to arrive (sex and the city-ish, pero truth is, Jeep lang ito), I gave her a pro’s and con’s of dating/falling in love with Lucifer. Again, umiral na naman ang pagiging Kontrabida ko. Finally, after 10 years (converted into Cubao time, that’s 45 minutes) we were able to get a ride. We went down in Anonas for my connecting flight (ahem) and I bade Samantha farewell.
My meeting with Samantha made me realize that Love does wonders for everyone, melting hearts and melting ice princesses. I’m reminded that even with a broken heart and an impossibility of being together, you can still move on and have fun. That's what samantha's been doing and it's what i'm failing to do. Thank God for someone like her... i can think of my problems (and my imaginary problems) as a venue for me to celebrate my "normalcy".
I arrived at my usual trike stop and waited for one to come. the place was deserted, not brightly lit, and the cold January breeze freezing my bones. Normally, paranoia and fear would have gripped me but amazingly, there i was, standing at the crossroad at 1130 pm... and i was happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment