So my eyebags are drooping to the floor, my hair is at its fluffiest with that irritating flyaways on the left side (only on the left side), I've run out of my favorite soap, i've got a hell of a day at the office, and my perennial object of obsession still does not notice me. What else??? What other misfortunes will the universe give me?
So my day is not perfect, what's new anyway? Its just that sometimes I'm wondering if I'm on a bathroom break when the good fortunes are being given.
Since i arrived Makati early, the first time this month, I took a leisure window shopping at Watsons. I wasnt planning on buying anything, since I'm strapped for cash until next payday. But when i saw those big hairpins they were selling, i told myself, hey, i gotta have some of those to pull off my "hindi ito Labandera kundi successful business woman" hairdo. Much to my disappointment, i found out that the Waved Hairpins (which i initially read as WAXED hairpins) was not the hairpin I was looking for. It had a huge gap in the middle, thus, you cannot use it the way hairpins should be used. Just when i was thinking I got the "reject" pack (which is not impossible, knowing how absurdly unfair the world treats me), my friend Karyll informed me that the hairpins I bought were the specific type women use to keep their buns up during special occasion, with the help of the ever reliable Aqua net-- in her example, pang Reyna Elena. okay, great.
NOt long after i realized this fact, i resigned to doing my usual hairdo since the cutting of my hair/ the return of the fluff which is the "inay, pagod ako sa trabaho, please wag nyo akong guluhin" ponytail. A major mistake because it has been one of my mantras not to look stressed when I'm stressed because it would result to me looking like Lola Madonna.
Even before i warmed my seat, i had to be bolted right up because i had to prepare for my orientation that day. I rushed everything, forgetting a lot of important documents along the way. God, i hate cramming. Anyway, i managed to look presentable, ahem, alive at the very least, by applying some makeup during the short ride to the other building.
The orientation was exhausting. I had to present twice, morning and afternoon, and was even asked for a personal dialogue with one of the lawyers of the company. Of course, i had to be the one to hear all the concerns of the clients ano? Even when the officer handling the account was there to answer them. I feel so used. I also missed a free lunch from one of my favorite agents. Crap.
To top this, we were confronted by the SVP/ COO of the company to complain to us about the bad incident that happened to her. I didnt know what to say to appease her, it was really our fault, although i tried.
"ma'am, we appreciate the feedback. Rest assured that the people concerned will be apprehended."
Once the line was said, i had to curse myself mentally. WHatthe??? What i meant to say was REPRIMANDED not apprehended. Until now, i want to bang my head against the wall for saying such a stupid thing in front of the SVP. What am I? SOme cop? Grabe na ito, isang major blooper.
Since i still cannot get that effing poison out of my mind, i had to call my friend Mamba to accompany me on the way home. As usual, she made me wait for 30 minutes at the ever so busy/ pang day off meeting place (Glorietta activity center).
On the way home, we spotted a Zagu stand at the Mrt station. Despite eating a mcchicken meal and salad less than an hour ago, we had to satisfy our craving. As expected, we had to sacrifice riding the MRT in order for us to drink the Grande w/ extra pearl shake that we ordered. Also, as expected, Road rage na naman ito.
We rode the NON AIRCONED bus, with open doors, and thanked the heavens because traffic was not so heavy. Yun nga lang, expect your every ride on the bus your last because apparently, the words "road courtesy" do not exist in the bus driver's handbook. It swerves, it cuts, and it stays a foot away, at most, from the other buses. I swear, the passenger from the adjacent bus can actually drink from my zagu shake.
Good thing that the bus driver is playing some songs to keep us from being bored. He was playing eye of the tiger, Love of my Life (queen ba ito?), and that "drive my car" song. Never mind that he was playing MLTR (blech). We bobbed our heads and sang along to Bohemian Rhapsody (the most bizarre song ever) and All Apologies by Nirvana. Thanks to the driver who seemed like he jugged a gallon of red bull, we got home before the OC starts.
So, does anyone want to compete with how *great* my day is? the floor is yours.
P.S.
I am officially sick with a cold.
No comments:
Post a Comment