Thanks to the unexpected brownout and the boost of my favorite Starbucks Caramel Frap, I am once again a prisoner of melodrama and fluid poetry. In 20 minutes top, I surrendered to these words of profession and realized that you still capture the romantic in me.
*****
saved as draft in phone on 6/15/06 at around 1:02 am, Anna Banana time zone
*****
In this darkness, i think of the only light that penetrates my empty soul
- I think of you my passing Star.
You bring warmth to this frigid heart, hoping you would linger.
For a moment, i thought I could catch you and place you above
my bare ceiling, intending to see you in my every waking breath
and my last rational second before i fall into a deep slumber
where you would incessantly haunt my dreams.
Yes, you steal me of other thoughts and leave me
with this incongruous feeling of despair
because no matter how brightly you shine,
you will eventually crash into that infinite blackness.
Everytime you pass, my star,
is another pregnant moment for me to hold my breath
and fervently wish to the Owner of the sky, that should you fall,
you'd fall for me.
But an eternity has come and gone
without you noticing me watching you
from this barren earth I stand, a galaxy suspended
until i realize that you are too distant for me to touch.
My heart explodes like a million meteors colliding
every single time you pass my way.
With every light you bring,
My sky falls.
No comments:
Post a Comment