Saturday, July 15, 2006

That Great Cool-lege

Im still trying to sink this in.

Once again, we went to the infamous Videoke sa Tapat to celebrate Me2's despedida party (notice how many officemates have resinged? Ako na sa susunod, wishful thinking). Anyway, it feels surreal, with her leaving. I never expected us to be together til the end of time, nor do we envision ourselves ruling the company. I guess it's the thought of her leaving.

Our 11 month friendship, brief as it may be, has been full of memories. There was that Antipolo gig, that Baguio threesome ( I shared the same bed with me2 and Astroboy) of course, the Tagaytay escape which served as the straw that tied us together.

Of all my friends, she was the one who saw right through me. Not only because she's my fellow Iska, but despite being the ate in the circle (not counting Ambec), she acts just as childish as i do.

I got drunk because apart from drinking 7 bottles of beer, i didnt eat my supper. I just dont feel like eating due to the heavy lunch. It was our SVP's bday and she treated all of us for lunch. A lechon (roasted pig) the size of a 10-year old, spicy shrimp, baked tahong and my favorite pansit puti, i felt like bursting an artery after.

***

I was supposed to have an overtime today. However, i felt like a deserve a break. for four straight days, i was staying up at the office until 9pm, its quite stressful. So to further increase my EQ, i am going out again today for Jojay's birthday.

***

Again, i am feeling UP-sick. I've re-read my past blogs and i realized that i had greater writing skills then (maybe my stories were better back in college) and that there are so many things about UP that makes me want to go back. It those fishballs for lunch, stargazing at the Sunken Garden, Walking/ Jogging at the Acad Oval, the Perksquad raids in Oz cafe (still my favorite quaint cafe) where we dined on the 45- peso tuna melt for endless hours, grabbing a smoke and chatting on superfluous issues. Most of all I miss my friends, Perksquad and Ecosoc. College has really defined who I am. I would have to give Peyups the credit/ blame for my being the ultimate bibo/ standup comedienne/ shameless performer/ fast talker. It has taught me to be more... human. Despite the heartbreak, the 5 removal exams, the shrinking wallet, those four years were the best times of my life.

No comments: