Five years ago, I marked my phone calendar that I would get married today.
Instead, I spent the day in SMX for the travel expo where I tortured myself watching my brother book his three week vacation in Spain (without me!). Oh, I wish I had the resources and free time to travel around the world too. I cannot be committal this year as I have my graduate studies to take care of.
I also spent my afternoon and evening whining, wining and dining with Anime and Flamethrower at the latter's posh new condo. Its so fun getting intoxicated at her balcony while we feast our eyes on the beauty and madness of Manila and discuss how awesome our lives are, climbing our way to the top of the career ladder and still managing to retain friendships and maximize our youth.
So what if my plans of getting married today didn't push through? IF it did, I doubt I could ever fulfill my other dreams of making it big and increasing my self-worth as a woman and as a person, in general.
I just know that God has a bigger and grander plan for me. And with today being such a great day, I'm pretty sure the plan is now set in motion.
And I don't need three glasses of wine to tell me that.
No comments:
Post a Comment