Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Jumbled: Confessions of a Deadly Cutie

I am generally a happy person. But occasionally, i revert back to my true self, one who is manic depressive and pessimistic. Bakit? anong meron?

WAla lang. I cant help but feel sulky and out of it. Wala lang ulit? What can i write about without all the drama? Yes, i am sulking because of things I have no control over. It's his decision, its her decision, Sadness lang na i'm not joining the express train of the backpackers in search for greener pasture... Not that i have no plans. I do. I just dont know when they will materialize.

Speaking of plans, my 15 minutes of fame do not stop at our victory win last Saturday. Kamustahin mo naman kung sino ang punong abala sa SAles and Marketing Team Building sa La Luz this coming Saturday? Sino na naman???

And to think na salimpusa lang ang marketing sa outing cum Team building na ito ng sales. Do you think i'm being too atribida? Dont answer that. Bakit ba? i didnt volunteer. One rainy Wednesday afternoon, in the middle of mountain's worth of paper work, my favorite boss came up to me to ask if it was okay with me to be part of the program committee. I said yes, why not. Aba, malay ko ba na ako ang gagawa ng Extra challenge game? At kamustahin mo? Isa itong fear factor crossed with Amazing Race crossed with Worst case scenario kaya malamang lamang, isang pagkakamali ko lang, Goodbye Company XXX. Hindi. Keri ko to. Wala pa akong hindi kinekeri.

**********

Ang saklap ng mundo. This is only the 2nd day of a new month. I should be rolling on truckloads of money. Ngunit hindi. I am now living on whatever food/ leftover i can scrape/ make nenok in my mommy's kitchen. Hindi ito tama. When did i become so poor? No, dont answer that. (mental note to self: never ask rhetorical questions).

On the brighter side of things, I am so dang proud that finally everyone will get to see that Q.C. is the place to be!Oh yes, i never once doubted the potentials of my hometown, but now that the Block of SM North is offering high end stores like Via Mare, Fitness First (whoohoo!), Levi's store etc. ( i havent personally seen the inside of this new building), im sure that people from North, South, East, West shall come forth and multiply in thousands of proportions here in the city of Smiles. Feel free to share my enthusiasm. Sige na... ayan na. tinatago nyo pa eh.

*********

We have Dashoard Confessional's new album, DUsk and Summer, and is on loop on my player. Its not as heartwrenching as Swiss Army Romance but Chris Carrabba's poetry is not lost on this new album. He still writes the most arresting lyrics ever.

A must listen are the following songs:

Stolen (you have stolen my heart)
Currents (and if this is ever meant to end, then i hope it ends where it began. So hot with love, it burned our hands)
Dusk and Summer (but you've already lost when you only had barely enough of her to hang on)
So Long, So Long (and i will leave under the cover, summer's kiss upon the sky like the stone face of your lover just before she says goodbye)
Heaven Here (naked and tangled and twisted and tonight we are the only ones who feel it.. heaven is here)

For Death Cab's new album, please check out I will follow you into the dark. Love, love, love this song. and crooked teeth also.

********

Hay, i am not feeling well. and listening to Death Cab for Cutie and Dashboard Confessional's latest albums does not make my mood any lighter. Kill me now.

1 comment:

ebtg said...

I'm expecting you and all your friends on Saturday at 6 Underground! :)