Thursday, October 27, 2011

Hello Sunshine

Welcome back to moi! I just got back from business planning, thus, I spared my dear blog and my readers (if any) a day of ranting and raving. 

 

It was a good business review as we did not only discuss the achievements and plans of the department, but the company also threw in an amazing talk on how to care to the Max (a word play at our organization’s name). I’ve already attended a lecture by Sir Pido before, and as usual, yesterday’s seminar was everything I expected it to be; inspirational and refreshing. It wasn’t only applicable to work but also on my personal life (actually, I was thinking about my personal life for the entire duration of the talk). It drives home the lesson that improving oneself will eventually lead to better performance in work, love life, family life etc.

 

So let me share to you his 7 points on how to be your greatest possible self:

 

1.       Say Yes to myself: I accept myself, I love myself as I am right now

2.       I connect to others

3.       I resist less, I accept more

4.       I release my fear of lack, my greed, my entitlement, my attachment and my laziness to God so that I can prosper

5.       I do what I want, I am who I am.

6.       I create balance.

7.       I forgive, even myself.

 

It’s not about being selfish but about finding one’s real source of bliss and achieving it, so that we may be able to provide happiness to others. And this starts with emptying all baggages so that real joy may come in. We have to allow ourselves to do the things that we want to do so we can have the drive perform the things we need to do. If there is something that we don’t like in a person, no matter how hard we try, we can never change them. The only person that we can change is ourselves. Other people are just reflections of how we treat them.  So if you want to find lasting happiness that does not come from the superficial but real joy that actually comes from within, you have to learn to accept yourself, love yourself, and trust that the Lord will grant you that things that are meant to be yours in His perfect time.

 

Finally, he taught us a simple act to disseminate God’s light and positivity. Once a day, pray for someone and tell that person/ the world/ our country that

 

God and I will send nonstop white light to you.

 

I hope, my dear readers (i.e. Sandy and Legolas, dahil kayo lang ang laging bumibisita sa blog ko) that you will send me white light everyday J Good vibes, baby. Good vibes.

 

 

 

No comments: