Sunday, October 02, 2011

The Tres Relievers

I’ve spent most of the past months with my two best guy friends, Legolas* and James Franco* . They became one of my sounding boards during the time when I was crawling on the floor with depression (the others were the Perks, BFFs, Geejay and my beloved Sandy Bear). To say that they contributed to my new found happiness is an understatement. They are the reason why I am still sane.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Many people never fully understand how the three of us became friends. We're from different teams, different ranks, and different personalities. To be honest, I can't even remember how we became this close. There are times when it's hard to put up with each other's topak and sabaw moments. And yes, at times, it takes all my patience to take in all their sermons. But at the end of the day, it was always their advice that I would eventually seek. They have learned to accept me for who I really am. They have even caught me at my worst--- the crazy, stupid, vulnerable, lovesick version of Anna Banana. Though their words may sometimes be hard to swallow (Sige na nga, most of the time), I don't ever feel like I'm being judged. In fact, their words are a testament of their concern and a catalyst to strengthen our bond.

Having these two as my close friends was like having a special key inside a guy’s head. The good thing about it is that I am given two different perspectives but only one conclusion (which is to move on). Legolas never fails to give me an insight into the typical “boyfriend” thoughts and intricacies. He explained to me the rationale why normal guys have preferences over their girlfriends’ wardrobe, which type of girl should be taken seriously, how guys cope with heartbreaks, and all that jazz. And he was also an instrument for my renewed spirituality. On the flip side is James Franco. It’s like talking to a male version of me, but with less drama, no BS, and no over analyzing. He voices out my inner thoughts, the same thoughts had I been thinking rationally and not letting my heart speak gibberish. Add to this is the fact that he has a very wide shoulder for me to cry on (and this I do to him, over and over). He may be one tough nut to crack, but once you get him to open up, you'd be surprised at what wisdom and kindness he has to offer.

In one service Legolas and I attended, it spoke of turning negative emotions into blessing. And I couldnt imagine a better example than my friendship with these two guys. As the saying goes, when God closes a door, he opens a window--- a french window, in fact (bilang mga higante lang sila pareho). JF and Legolas, I look forward to more food trips, sermons, and potential boyfriend harassments from you. wag lang sobra at baka hanggang pagtanda ko, alagain pa rin ako. Negatib.

4 comments:

Paul said...

Paul ang and kirvy aquino likes this :-) haha kaen nalang tayo ulit sa labas :-)

post-it girl said...

Grabe. Talagang kelangan sabihin ang buong pangalan? Nag effort pa ako sa code name! haha.

Paul said...

Bakit wala naman akong inangking codename a haha assuming!! :-)

post-it girl said...

echosero ka. haha. Wala kang kwentang mag comment,pero feel na feel mo namang code name mo, if I know.

First day ni baby boy ngayon sa iskul. batiin natin.