Thursday, October 20, 2011

Love Letter # ___

My dearest,

 

There are moments when the nights are darker than usual; when this space between you and me seems infinite; when my patience is frayed and loneliness is unbearable.

Tonight is one of those moments.

I pray that if destiny would be kind enough, it would let us meet today, of all days. I need to replace the bittersweet memories of this day with another memory, one that will last not only half a decade, but a lifetime.

If you would look back on this letter sometime in the future, you would know that there is a void within me that only you can fill. I hunger for you. As basal as it may sound, I need you like any human being needs oxygen to breathe, like a drought needs water to flow through the crevices of its parched soil. 

If you ever read this in the future, when God has finally tied your heart to mine, forgive me. Forgive me for allowing memories of another replace my thoughts of you. Forgive me for letting my frailty yearn for someone unworthy of my love. Forgive me for wanting you ahead of God’s plan because I am weak and need I your stable hands to hold me.

I will be better tomorrow, my love.

Stay with me.

 

Love,
Me

 

No comments: