
My dearest,
Tonight, I sit alone in this empty diner writing my first letter to you. The rain is pouring outside, but I am impervious to the angry sound of liquid beating against that hardened concrete. All I can think about is you and the feeling you have sowed in me; the seed of hope that will blossom into reality in time.
You are light-years away from me right now that you cannot hear the depth of my sigh nor feel the warmth of my embrace that I have saved only for you. Between mindight and dawn are sleepless nights wondering when you and I will finally be together. Waiting is the hardest part.
I have spent an ocean’s worth of tears on people I thought would give me love that will last forever, on promises that were so solemnly pronounced but were easily broken. I was a sullen girl, with so much fear of falling into the abyss of loneliness and solitude. I was bruised all over from all the pain and longing to bring back the past. How foolish of me to hang on to somebody who has let go of my hands and left me falling into the ravine. I should have turned the other way and walked towards the light, past the crossroad where you have been waiting for me patiently and unquestioningly.
The rain has stopped pouring. You are still out there, waiting for God’s perfect moment when He will bring us together and let this space between us come to an end. I said waiting is the hardest part. You say,
for you, it was all worth it.
Love,
Me

10/16/2011
No comments:
Post a Comment