Tuesday, November 01, 2011

The Long Weekend That Was

Can we all say Awesome?

It was just the break that I needed after all the toxicity of work and other miscellaneous stuff.

Day 1: That Badass Road trip
It's good to go back to the Perks Haven, swim under the stars and just enjoy the night with people you love and who love you back. I had a particularly nice time catching up with Mamba and Tubby's parents. It brought me back a few years when we were planning out our lives, wondering where we'll be after 10 years. Career-wise, I think we're still on track, maybe even ahead of what we initially planned. But in terms of our personal lives, well, it's just a minor detail that we're currently working on. We've been meeting a lot of people, widening our circle, meeting new friends. Sooner or later, things will fall into their rightful places, and Mamba's parents will finally get the "invitation" they have been waiting for.
Ang Stopover

The 3am swim

Waiting for the Breaking of Dawn (walang kinalaman sa Twilight, pero vampire mode kami)

Ang breakfast of Champions

Ang chillax under the Tree

Ang circle of friends, with a new addition

HOHOL under the Tree

Caught on Cam, ang social butterfly. I want to believe this is a sign.

Hanggang sa muli

Day 2: The Geeks with the Geek in Pink (Now in Black)

The Perks did not have the chance to sleep all day after the very tiring Friday to Saturday gig. I had to wake up early for Cemetery #1 duty, and to prepare for our Jason Mraz concert. As I previously mentioned in my post, it was Awesoooome (think Barney Stinson's high pitch voice as I say this). Kulang na lang ay mag group hug kami sa pagkanta ng You and I Both, The Remedy at I'm Yours.
Ang favorite lines:
"God knows we're worth it... I am loved, You are loved."- I Wont Give Up
"If its a broken part, replace it. If its a broken arm, then brace it. If its a broken heart, then face it. and hold your own, know your name, go your own way.. and everything will be fine." - Details in the Fabric
"When I fall in love, I take my time. There's no need to hurry when I'm making up my mind... I won't worry my life away." - The Remedy

All in All, it was an intense night, a superb listening experience with a bunch of people who share the same love and passion for music as I do. Can't wait for our next concert together.

Day 3: Sleep All Day, Eat all Night
My family does not need a special occasion to throw a party. My cousin just prepared ginataang halo halo as a lure to bring us to their house and the rest of the night was just our typical gatsby usapan about nothing and everything. Of course, we took some time to do grocery shopping for the cemetery visit but after that, we had an impromptu dinner that amazingly looked as if it took a day's worth of preparation. A huge bowl of salad, chicken take out, BBQ ribs done by my cousin Lilac* and Good ole chicharon to keep us talking the entire night. This is why I love my family. Clingy lang kung Clingy.

Day 4: Camp out at the Cemetery
With just barely an hour's sleep, I had to wake up at dawn to go to Cemetery #2. Contrary to my initial thought that I would be dozing off the entire stay, I actually didn't sleep a wink when I got there. Maybe it was because I brought Atlas Shrugged that kept me awake or maybe it was because of the intense sun beating at my skin as early as 6:30. Or maybe it was my actual longing to be with the company of Mama. This year is actually the 10th death anniversary of my twin brothers, my Lolo and my Mom's 25 Death Anniversary. I felt guilty that I wasn't able to visit her last May on the actual anniversary date because I was at Paris that time, but I never forgot to include her in my thoughts and prayers.

Whenever I talked to her in front of her grave, it never fails to bring a tear to my eye. She's my angel. I prayed for her guidance and for longer years with Pops, especially now that he's going through a tough time with his illness. I pray that I would still have more years to spend with him. I really want him to see me get married, to walk me down the aisle, to see my kids grow up and be a doting grandfather as I know he would be.

It's really been a tough year for me. Sometimes, I wish that I have somebody permanent to give me strength to get me through some days. My ex could call me anything he likes, but I want to believe that I had been there for him when he needed me most, when he was at his weakest, that is, when his dad fell ill. I had genuinely cared for his dad, and I know he meant a lot to him so I gave him strength during those difficult times, even when I had none to give anymore because we were also going through a challenging time during our relationship. He wasn't over my past so I tried to assure him that he had nothing to worry about. He had too much on his shoulders then, and with my love for him, I helped him carry them so our relationship can progress. I wish I had that somebody right now, a pillar of strength and source of optimism as I had been for him. But God has a different plan for me. I think He wanted me to find my own capabilities and if I feel my strength fraying thin, He would show me His love through the kindness and compassion of others; my family, my friends, my angel.

This weekend had proven not only to be a healing moment for my body but for my spirit,as well. It invigorated me to work harder towards my goals, be thankful for the blessings God continues to shower me with, and love the life I have.

AS we draw closer to the end of the year, the Lord is giving me more and more reasons to believe that 2012 is going to be my year. And I cannot Wait.

No comments: