...and I woke up one day and the bitterness is gone.
in one of the feeds in my FB page, I saw my ex and his new girlfriend in one of our common friend's party. I was expecting a staggering pain in my heart, an emptiness in the pit of my stomach, and blackout level anger. Amazingly, I didn't feell anything of that sort. If there's any detail that I felt or picked up from those pictures, I just noticed the little things like how chubby his face looked now, how matured he looked (old, actually), how much better the girl's new hair color is on her (Although she would do much better smiling in a normal and non-pacute way because let's admit it, unless, you're Anne Curtis, the non-teeth smile rarely works out for anyone-- and I mean this in an objective, non mocking way), and brought me back to the day when I first met the girl (Badminton game with her ex, and my ex who is his current-- ang gulo lang). I found her cute, then. And since all my bitterness was gone now, I kinda accepted that I may actually like this girl and be friends with her, if we were in a different situation.
Therefore, is it safe to assume that I've healed. Although, I've said this many times before, I know this time is different. For some reason, I'm kind of sure that I won't go back relapsing into this black hole of depression. As weird as it may sound, I genuinely wish them happiness. The love is still there, as with any person who filled a space in your life and made your existence worthwhile. I would always think of him and save a corner of my heart for him. But in terms of pining, I don't see myself putting up all my hopes for a future with him.
I guess this is what moving on and setting someone free feel like---a breath of fresh air. I'm ready to take on a new life. So, get ready world, and be my oyster.
No comments:
Post a Comment