Sunday, September 11, 2011

Living in Your Letters

I wish I could go back in time...
back to those unspoiled moments
in our relationship
before hurt ever touched our hearts,
before doubt ever entered our minds.
Because if I could go back and start
from those moments once more,
i would hold you longer,
never miss a chance to tell you
how much you mean to me...
and I would never, ever hurt you.
But I know that we can't go back to those days.
I know I can't erase the mistakes
I can't take away the questions
you must have
or the hurt that we both feel.


But I can assure you of one thing:

I Love You---

as I did then and as I always will.


*** taken from a hallmark card he gave me, undated, after one of our fights. I could never have said it better.

I think its time to clean out my closet.


No comments: