*This old wound*
I can't believe that memories of Tagaytay can still bring me down. To think that I went there to relax and unwind, it's a bittersweet journey to realizing that I am ALONE.
Read this: Coldplay and sad memories should never be combined.
I've been looking forward to this Tagaytay trip with my fellow CAA's from work for such a long time. Yes, its about time for me to let my hair down and not think about work, money (or the lack thereof), love and other things that constantly occupy my mind. I was there to have a good time, and I will get it even at the expense of my co-workers (just kidding). I had with me, should the van's driver we hired has a penchant for muzak. Good thing, he has the station fixed at Jam 88.3. Way to go, Mang Jess! Youdda man!
Still, I had this urge to play my Ipod on the way to Tagaytay, thus, I had to listen to Chris Martin's melancholic voice. It was depressingly beautiful. When he sang "Warning Signs," I had to stop myself from slashing my wrist or bawling like a baby. As a remedy, I played Sophie Ellis Bextor's Music Gets the Best of Me.
The place we rented was beautiful. Smack in the middle of a residential subdivision, we were kind of reluctant to enter. What if the neighbors call in the cops while I'm in the middle of an I Will Survive number and arrest us for disturbing their peace? We heaved a sigh of relief when we found out that the houses there were just vacation places and that nobody was residing there, as of the moment. We can now get stark raving drunk in peace.
Remember, one of my purposes of going there apart from relaxing was to enjoy my single blessedness and remove MTB out of my head. My singleness appreciation was botched by the fact that 6 couples dauntlessly showed me how great it is to have someone to love. Thanks guys, you really made my weekend.
Anyway, my old galawgaw self kept on keeping up with me. Yes, I ruined all my officemates' respect by showing what a real "kulit" I am. Shempre, mega entertained ang mga katauhan sa aking bibung-bibong hirit and dance steps. The boyfriends all loved me, bentang benta ang mga pangdudusta ko sa kanila. If I'm this lovable, why doesn't anyone love me the way I want to be loved? Ayan, my inner drama queen is taking over.
After a bottle of tequila and several beers later, everyone had a loose tongue except for Glady (who drank yoghurt instead), the boys and me (I have a high tolerance for alcohol). We then played truth or consequence, which is some sort of a medium to make the girls "kilig" when we make their boyfriends tell us what they liked most about them. Syempre, for us single girls, it's a means to show other people how bleak our lives are. Hwehehehe...Syempre, when it was my turn to choose truth or dare, they didn't bat an eyelash on what question to ask me.
"so, what's the status between you and MTB?"
"Uhm, there's no status. Seriously, nothing's going on."
Then I told them briefly of my predicament. He's just not interested, I said. Of course, hallucinated and drunk as they were, they begged to differ.
"alam mo bang kapag nakikitext ako sa kanya, nakikita ko yung mga messages mo na nakasave pa rin sa inbox nya? Kahit mga simpleng Ok naman ako, andun pa rin," Foxy slurred while slumping her head onto Tonton's lap.
"tsaka bihira akong itext nun kahit na alam nyang gabi ako umuuwi," she added.
"Alam mo, Anna Banana, maybe he's just not the type to make the first move. Knowing him, sobrang torpe nun," Karyll said.
"haha, ano ba kayo? Wala talaga yun noh. Tsaka he wants to be emotionally independent. Yun ang sabi nya."
"Maraming ibig sabihin ang pagiging emotionally independent. At feeling ko, nasasabi nya lang yun kasi hindi nya pa alam kung ano ang feeling ng merong girlfriend."
"eh, what do you want me to do? Hindi ko tungkulin ang mag- make ng first move."
"You don't have to make the first move. All were saying is don't give up. Malay naten..."
Maybe...
Too bad my alcohol intake was not enough to make me think otherwise...
No comments:
Post a Comment