Friday, November 25, 2005

The Reunion

I promised Tubby I'd bring reinforcement, and i did... even if it cost me my week's allowance.

I don't care if I'm paying for the cab going to Rockwell. I dont care that i'm shouldering Anime's, Mamba's and Flamethrower's dinner at Kenny's and coffee at Starbucks. I dont care if I will be eating salt until the next pay day. IF SOMEONE I LOVE NEEDS ME, I DONT CARE MUCH FOR OTHER THINGS.

**********

Tubby is a tough nut to crack. If she sheds a tear, that means she needs human warmth the intensity of an inferno.

After the unexpected "soft moment" Tubby and I shared Wednesday night, i had to gather all my friends to make her feel better.

Anna banana: friends, Tubby needs us. Let's have coffee at Starbucks.

Flamethrower: wala akong pera. anong chika?

Anna Banana: sige na.. punta na tayo... we'll pay for the cab,i will let you sip my coffee. sige na..

Flamethrower: payn. Ligo lang ako.
***********
Anime: y? anong problem nya?

Anna Banana: basta... i dont want to ruin Tubby's moment to shine.

Anime: bwiset. Sige, kita na lang tayo later.

***********
Anna Banana: ba't di ka nagrereply?

Mamba: wala akong load.

Anna Banana: ano? sama ka?

Mamba: sige. pero wala akong pera. tsaka antayin nyo ako, may presentation ako hanggang 6 pm.

Anna Banana: *grumble grumble* payn.

***********

Anna Banana: we're on our way. be there in 20 minutes.

Tubby: im already here. :)

Anna Banana's thoughts: be ready with your tears, kasi yun ang panghatak ko sa kanila.

and with not enough money in our pockets, we headed towards the land of the elite, rockwell.

*************

It's like coming back home.

Everything seemed perfect for this small rendezvous. It's a good opportunity for Flamethrower and Tubby to see each other since its been 5 months since they went out together. (dencio's pa!)We had our chance to make fun of Mamba's hair, talk about politics, life, love and all our boy drama.

I admit that i have been enjoying my life in the workplace, going out with my officemates, spending money like im the richest person in the world. But being with my barkada made me realize that its more than just having fun. Its being with people who get you. and they all do.

I cant and will not even try to explain what we guys have... Basta with them, even the most embarrassing/ saddest detail of one's life is comical and light.

Thank you for making my frap more delectable.

No comments: