I promised myself a good pampering during the long weekend and thankfully, i had that exactly. No, i didnt get my nails done, my feel massaged or my wardrobe replenished. For the last 3 days, i spent doing the things i love doing but was too busy to accomplish.
I've already read Angels and Demons by Dan Brown last year. But acquiring an illustrated version of it was just another driving force to rediscover how beautiful the story is. My imagination is good but my limited knowledge of the arts and European history hinders me from fully appreciating it. Thus, it is imperative to spend 2 days plastering my eyes on the hard bound book.
I also spent a good (many) hours online, updating my blog and researching on how prolific my name is. Although i can feel my brain turning into mush, i can still create an almost intelligent article to post on my blog (although I'm admittedly cheating by putting "fillers" to take up space i.e. blogthings quizzes). Can't fault me, my mind is in hibernation.
Thank God for the holidays (and my VL) for they let me reacquaint myself with my old time favorite artists and their songs. I have downloaded (or is it uploaded?) Jason Mraz's, Sarah Mclachlan's, and Sophie Ellis Bextor's songs to my brother's ipod. That, coupled with a good book and lots of dozing time, made my weekend superbly enjoyable.
Ooooh, i've just watched "In Good Company." I'd rather not attempt to make a review of it-- my brain's too stale to sound serious. What i would do is to list down the A-points of this movie (and it has lots of them).
*great soundtrack*
*Topher Grace is so funny, candid and lovable*
*Dennis Quaid looks like Harrison Ford*
*Marg Helgenberger is there (Catherine of CSI)*
*it has a great story line- poignant and brilliant*
*has a great moral story*
*Topher Grace- believe me :)*
I don't want this weekend to end.
Tomorrow, back to corporate hell.
No comments:
Post a Comment