Sunday, April 24, 2005

Grad Day is a Grand Day

Why Graduation SHOULD BE and WAS Memorable

1. I had to risk turning my friends/ loved ones/ innocent passersby into pillars of salt when i let them see me wearing sleeveless and knee- length silk dress.
2. I had to endure 30 minutes of nail- biting and hair- raising, er, hair- pulling pain when i waxed my legs, upper lip and chin in order to look decent and woman-like (I have male hormones).
3. I had to wait in line at PNB to pay for graduation clearance plus spend a lot of moolah for mall hopping, chocolate kiss-ing and other grad- related expenses.
4. It was the last time ill be getting any money from relatives.
5. I had to bribe all my friends/ orgmates to clap like crazy (and they did!)
6. I got the chance to be Paris Hilton/ Michael Jackson (ewww)/ any other paparazzi-calling celebrity for a day.
7. I had the chance to shake Dean Fab's, Sir Gollum's, Manny's and my future father-in-law's (Sir D.D.) hands. Aaaaah, the smell of success and money.
8. I had this once in a lifetime chance to see Dean Fab look like a Swiss guard/ Hogwart Native (according to Tubby). I love the outfit.
9. It's a daunting realization that I am no longer a college student and now a member of the labor force.
10. It made me realize how much i love college, my friends, my org, my life in UP.

grrrr....motmot time.

No comments: