Friday, April 22, 2005

Last Gimmick of the Penguins: A Bulacan Retreat

I am one lazy girl.

Its funny when you have nothing to say but have a lot of time to write about it and everything to say when you're just too tired to even stand up.

The past week has been a happy happy joy joy week for me. I got to bond with my best friends (perks squad a.k.a liga ng mga bidang kontrabida) and my optimal date friends Susy, Geno and Frodo. Also, our barkada on the side, Dishwalla (because he's somewhere in the middle) went with us which made the entire gimmick truly memorable. For those who dont know Dishwalla, he is our most goodlooking blockmate who used to be the object of my small affection (as in super small crush lang). Anyway, it was FUN. we got to reminisce the happy freshie years, take before and after photos of our cargo pants/ rubber shoes days, and drink our way to success and happiness.

i was 5 minutes late for our appointment and i wasnt breaking a sweat. Why should i? this was tubby calling the meeting. I was soooo damn sure that she'll be late. haha.. apparently, she was already there... boohoo... talk about the girl who cried wolf.

we had to pick Flamethrower up at her place because she didnt know that the bulacan thing was that day... she just got home from baguio and according to her, she turned off her phone the entire 5 days she was there because she forgot her charger ad she wanted to preserve the battery.. whatthe?

I missed Tubby's resthouse. the huge pool, the boob-like divider between kiddie and adult pool, the North heat and salakot house. we spent the entire day just chatting, swimming, playing around... of course, I spent most of my energy reading everyone’s fortune.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Since the advent of camera phones (which I don’t have), I have learned to become a Camera freak. I have become a stark raving posing addict, a cross between Paris Hilton and Amy Poehler’s character in Mean Girls (the movie that has affected us all). Too bad for tubby, whose phone has become the medium of my torrid obsession; I consume all her phone memory.

Which reminds me, its been a very long time since the gang got completed… with the thesis, org thing etc, we seldom get to bond with Anime, Dishwalla and even Flamethrower. Thank God for Tubby passing Ateneo Law.

After playing Whoever Crossed the Swimming Pool Without Rising Above the Water will Have a Boyfriend Soon, we played Agawan ng Manga/ Mango Julius (why the title? I have no idea apart from the use of mango as the “ball”). It was so funny watching Frodo being guarded by Flamethrower. It kinda reminded me of the story of David and Goliath. After a “nice” comment made by Flamethrower, we decided to forge a new love team for Frodo. Until now, I can still feel the dagger-like stares Flamethrower gave me when I teased them.

Let me carry my own stool.. ahem.. that does not sound nice, not at all. What I meant to say was, magbubuhat ako ng sarili kong bangko. Hahaha.. although I did that when I went to have my medical exam, but that is another story.

again, ive digressed from my topic unwittingly. Anyway, we realized how talented we are when we were able to make Theme songs for ourselves. Actually, it all started when I formulated a theme song for myself… and then Mamba’s song followed… the rest, as they say, is history.

Lemme share with you some of our theme songs.

Sam Boado aka Flamethrower

“ I want sam boado to share, share the rest of my life..” (Somebody)

Yasay aka Frodo

“Yasay, I only hear what I want to…” (stay)

Eduardo aka Geno

“ Tell me when will you be mine. Tell me ‘duardo, ‘duardo, ‘duardo” (Quando, Quando, Quando)

Everyone has his own song and we were mighty creative for coming up with songs like those. hahaha.. kapal.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
And the sun set. After having our dinner, we went to have a drink, Perks Squad Style. We drank a huge pitcher of Red Horse in under 5 minutes… we toasted for success, Susy and Geno’s continued relationship, and world peace. When we were slightly tipsy, we played our favorite game, the undying charades. Of course, I know how to crush the enemy… I made a cheer that would literally take their breath away, laughing of course.

General theme for the Cheer: Boom Xi Boom Xi Boom

“Boom Boom Boom, sinong di mawiwili? Dahil sa game na to, kami ang magwawagi!”

“Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom, bat ka nagagalit? Siguro ay totoo kaya naiinis”

This cheer is downright scraping the bottom…haha… But it was funny.

We retired early. By midnight, we were all sleepy and light headed. Thanks to the official barkada Girl scout, Mamba, we got to sleep inside a tent. Although with Susy, Geno, Frodo, Flamethrower, Mamba, Dishwalla and me squeezing our not so little frames inside the tent, the entire situation resembled more of an evacuation center/ sardines in a can than a camping site. Dishwalla eventually slept inside the kitchen with Tubby and Queer. I got to sleep beside Susy and Anime (who was a heavy snorer) and sometime during the night, Frodo made siksik between Anime and me. A-ha. 3 Bedmates in one night? Not bad.

I woke up early the next day mainly because I wasn’t able to sleep well. I cooked breakfast consisting of Adobo rice, tuyo and other leftovers. I actually incurred a huge bukol from cooking. It was just plain stupidity. I accidentally burnt my finger and as a reflex, I removed my hand from the hot pan… bad thing I was holding a hot shanse on that particular hand. The outcome: I knocked myself out. Stupid, stupid, stupid.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Afternoon:
What are the chances Queer will get a milk-less halo-halo? Funny.

We played Tong-its and I actually won. It was fun raiding their money. Hahaha…

Finally, homebound. It was a peaceful night… peaceful because we weren’t as boisterous as the trip going there. Almost everyone was asleep. Again, I don’t sleep in any moving object so I spent the entire time thinking… and yes, I was able to watch the most beautiful sunset ive ever seen in my entire life. Having my friends with me made everything more perfect… and it was that exact moment when the red sun finally bade its last light that i knew... they were my home.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments: