Thursday, April 28, 2005

Confessions of a Workaholic

This is what i get for being an eager beaver.

I havent seen my mail since the day i started working. I miss my YM friends, my babies in econ, my usual shirking self. Good thing though, im really enjoying my work although its getting mighty toxic as the days go by.

Let me tell you about my first day.

Thank God corporate dressing is my fashion niche. I think i made a good first impression at the office. I was in my best (quiet) behavior and i used my charms to the highest level. The people at my office are sooooo nice, it's surreal. Although my work area is pretty cramped, the atmosphere was so light and fun i cant help but feel comfy. The challenge though was to memorize all the names of the people my super told me. Of course, memorizing them on the spot was impossible, unless i have a pornographic, este, photogenic, ahehe, photographic memory. My team mate and seatmate, Ambec, is such a sweetheart. Even if i became such a royal pain in the ass, she still remains to be the cool and patient mentor. Because i am an anti- social by heart, i ate my lunch alone. First day and i already had tons to do. I had to uhm, cut stickers to cover the disaffiliated clinics in Olongapo and i had to fold 300 brochures a day.Not bad eh? And to top the day, I took a bus home, sitting uncomfortably at the tire part of the vehicle. This is what i get for being lazy. And oh, what are the chances that on your first day, a kumustahan meeting will be conducted? Duh.


Second day

I woke up at the wrong side of the bed. My dad was sick so i had to commute my way from our place to makati. I was wearing a skirt, making my chi a lot worse. Good thing i attended an orientation headed by the gorgeous HR head. HE IS A GOD. he's funny, goodlooking, a lawyer, smart, and totally married. what can i say, Life sucks. Moving on... I had to continue my folding and sticking expedition and can i just say that i have gained the expertise enough to set up my own "tapal" and "tupi" company. The stress is starting to build up. Plus, i missed the chance to see wonder girl and Sushi girl because i failed to notice the message. i was stressing myself to find a washroom because i drank one to many cups of coffee. What are the chances that the line at the washroom is sooo long and when there is only one person in front of me, she had to do more than Pee? well, apparently HUGE. grrrr... i had to walk all the way to the 4th floor of sm makati.


(to be continued.. i have to sleep)

No comments: