Thursday, May 05, 2005

Fantasy Work-Land: A Peep Inside A Dream

Lord help me for I am tired.

I just got home from an 8-hour non stop work. God, I miss shirking.
I have mastered the art of unwittingly stressing myself out. This afternoon, I spent an hour and a half making ID release letters and waiting for the dang printer to work. Only when i was getting my boss to sign the letters I made did I find out that I don’t really have to do the things I painstakingly did. aaargh.

I had dinner with Gorj today at RCBC plaza. Sosyal. I was surprised to see him not wearing business clothes. He said that they DON’T have uniforms. Some people have all the luck in the world. Anyway, after our stress-relieving Japanese dinner, I saw a Booksale outlet and being a self- confessed bargain shopaholic, I had to get my fix of cheap romance novels. Of course, I realized that my greatest fantasy (I mean one of my great fantasies) will not materialize in my present job because 1. my immediate boss is a girl, 2. Super super bosses are married (I think), 3. The president of the company is an aging (I’m wondering if he’s senile) doctor and 4. the fact that nobody is cute enough to obsess about in my office.

I told Gorj my fantasy and he laughed at me, incredulous. I wonder why.

MY FANTASY:

Rated: R

Title: Sleeping With the Boss

Summary: AM, Queen of Sunshine goes to her first official job. She was running late so she entered the only available elevator during that time, unwittingly riding the lift exclusively for the president/ owner of the company/ he who has the most money in that building. She pressed the close button, only to be stopped by a masculine, hairy like a Spanish mestizo (hopefully not wedding ring- clad) hand. Oh no, she thought, I’m going to be late. So much for good first impressions. As the mystery man entered the elevator, everything appeared to be in slow motion. Their eyes locked together, the instant attraction between them cannot be denied (God, this is soooooo Mills and Boons). Being a naïve 20 year-old, she was the first one to look away. She started to feel her muscles tense as the man began to speak.

“Miss, what floor?”

That is the sexiest voice she has ever heard. She felt the hair on her arms stand; she couldn’t quite churn out the right floor because this stranger’s chocolate brown eyes (I’d prefer blue, but that would be stretching too far) were fixed on her. Finally, she managed to say the floor of her new office and he gave her a smile that almost knocked her off her feet (I’m plagiarizing my mushy lines from mushy songs, sorry). She could feel a tense heat rising because of his proximity and all she wanted was to get off the elevator and away from this man who was causing havoc in her previously logical head. One more floor to go, she thought. Before she can heave a sigh of relief, the lights went out, the elevator stopped moving.

Now AM was paranoia personified so she almost fainted when it occurred to her that she’s stuck inside a confined space with a stranger who although was almost too gorgeous for words, was a stranger nonetheless. She couldn’t breathe, she swore she could have dropped dead if not for the strong hands that rescued her… oooh, he smelled good. He smelled like clean soap and shaving cream. Oooooh, and a faint smell of Perry Ellis.

She felt his hands moving near the buttons of her blazer and before she realized what she’s doing, she gave the drop dead gorgeous guy a married slap (mag- asawang sampal!)


(to be continued...)

No comments: