Ano ang meron sa sagala?
My sister joined this year's sagala through the provocation of our neighbor. My parents were not really what you may call "stage parents",those who let their children join every pageant known to man. Alhough I have this friend who actually joined (and won) Little Miss SM and Little Miss Anito (yes, the motel), she explained to us that her parents did not force her, she volunteered herself. Plus, its understandable for she is actually 'star material' until now. :)
Anyway, i realized that some parents actually consider sagala/ pageants/ contests as a career. Okay, it may look fun when people take a lot of pictures of you wearing full, flowing, flowery gowns (dont you just love alliterations?), I'm sure its not fun anymore when you actually walk half a mile while placing a pang-winner smile for an hour. Dont get me wrong. I was never subjected to this kind of torture (thank God), but I bore witness to the sufferings of these kids a lot of times. Imagine wearing those oh-so itchy gowns, wearing those uber high shoes (i started wearing high heels when I was in high school noh!), and being with a sweaty crowd. ick.
My infamous sister was underdressed compared to her counterparts for she was wearing her communion dress. but can i just say, she's the prettiest naman compared to them noh! ( i bet its the genes, hehehe)
Anyway, It made me realize that when i become a parent, i will never, ever let my children join those kinds of things. Magalit na ang magalit pero as a good mother, I have a duty to tell them that when they grow up, its not something they'll be proud of.
That is, if I do get married and have kids...
1 comment:
nag sagala si elaine? hehehe. at saan naman siya rumonda?
at bakita panay litrato mo tong blog mo. vain vain vain!
Post a Comment