Thursday, May 26, 2005

Happy Monthsary!

The world conspired to ruin my day and when's a better time than on my first month in the company?

Everyday has become a routine for me. I wake up at exactly 5 am, take a bath for 30 minutes, fumble with the attire for the day for 10 minutes, eat breakfast, apply minimal makeup, leave my house at 6:30, arrive at the North MRT Station between 6:40- 6:50, arrive Ayala station by 7:15-7:20, ride the Makati Loop and arrive at the office at around 7:35-7:40. EVERYDAY.

Until this morning.

FOr whatsoever reason, I alarmed my clock and cellphone (two, so that incase one fails to wake me up, the other one does the deed) at exactly 5am but I snoozed it off thrice. Next thing i know, its already 6 am. Given my daily lean schedule, I should be in a hurry right? Bath should be minimized to 15 minutes, right? That's the normal and efficient way to do it, right?Wrong. Apparently, No matter how late i am, i cannot take a bath in under 30 minutes. Why? i have no idea.

Anyway, i left the house at around 6:50 am, my entire schedule ruined even if i skipped makeup and combing. Only when I was inside the jeep did i realize that I left my wallet at home.

Grrrreat.

After another 5-minute walk to my place, I got my wallet and pressured my dad to drive me straight to the MRT station (note: Not Makati.. No matter how much my dad loves me, i know he would never drive me that far). As if in slow motion, he turned off the computer, changed clothes, started the car as if he had all the time in the world (actually, he does but i dont) Again, what are the chances that the car directly parked in front of our garage would be banned due to the coding scheme? My dad had to take out the banned car, take out the right car, and bring the banned car right back in. tsk tsk.

Precious time wasted.

I arrived the MRT station at around 7:15 and just as luck would have it, the first train i was able to catch left me. The second one arrived 3 minutes later, and again, what are the chances that it will be moving at the slowest rate in my entire commuting existence?

I arrived 3 minutes before 8, looking harassed as ever. And just my luck, the first person to see me in such a state would be my object of torrid obsession.

Thank God I'm a happy person. I was able to drive away the blues, the depression, the stress and the ugliness around me before lunch time. I would have to thank MTB (meant to be) for that, too. In more ways than one, he's becoming my ray of sunshine. :)

No comments: