There are songs in my head that will clearly depict my current state of mind/affairs this morning.
SMILE LIKE YOU MEAN IT- the Killers
My day started out with tales from the party I didn’t attend. Don’t you just hate it when you get bombarded with stories that you can’t relate to? Not that I care, really. I never wanted to go in the first place because of several reasons which I like to clear out to the public, in an effort to avoid self- incrimination.
1. Budgetary constraints- I am flat broke, which, if you know me, is no longer a surprise. Considering my impulse behavior on shopping, I’m amazed that I’m not begging in the streets.
2. I miss my family- after the near death experience in Pico de Loro, I realized the meaning of the adage “live each day as if it were your last”. Now, I relish every moment spent with my kin. Its funny, I guess I’ve aged a lot since I started working. I don’t go out much, and if I do go out, I retire to bed early (when I say early, I mean 1 am- ish).
3. have I mentioned budgetary constraints?
I really wanted to have my day at the beach. Independent of some factors (which I’d rather not mention), I know that I would have enjoyed basking in the sun, taking pictures of myself and the calm waters and eating like there’s no tomorrow. But then again, tough times.
Going back to my story, it’s causing my face some serious damage forcing myself to smile and stay interested in stories which I have no frigging idea about. Feigning interest is a debacle in itself. Don’t force it.
I DON’T LIKE MONDAYS- Tori Amos
I really think that Monday should not be considered as a part of the work week.
Here are my points:
1. It’s impossible for people to go to work on time. The temptation of going back to your oh-so- comfortable bed is more enticing than the ugly sight of your pending paper work. It’s a common law of physics that the gravitational pull of the bed is stronger on Mondays. Never combat the laws of physics.
2. Traffic’s a bitch. It seems that people have the same thing in mind when they opted to put off the alarm clock for 5, 10, 15 more minutes. Now, everybody seems to be going to work at the same time causing colossal traffic that will force you to go back home (to your comfy bed) or be late at work.
3. Nobody’s productive on a Monday. It’s a given. Everybody will still be thinking about the weekend, what they did and what they wish they had done thus not focusing on the work at hand. Employees will be grouchy (for interrupting their weekend reverie/ fantasies), slow (probably because of the hang over), and totally absent minded (because their minds are off to where their bodies should be).
Thus, in order to decrease employee unproductiveness (I checked this on thesaurus, this is correct) and increase morale, working on Mondays should be optional, if not totally abolished.
I JUST DON’T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH MYSELF- White Stripes
Once again, I am using company time to rant and update my blog. Although this is quite liberating, the cachet wears off after several hours of staring at your computer screen & faking toxicity. I had to centralize (organize my things) and decentralize (putting them back to disarray) just so that people wont accuse me of wasting manpower hours (which is actually true). I am not complaining, just hoping that I will not pay for it dearly. Knowing my luck, the chances of bad/ improbable things happening are HUGE. SO I’m guessing that the universe will eventually amass all my debts i.e. slacking off at work and I will end up in the streets with no job, maybe with a lawsuit even.
5 pm.
Time to go. Come to think of it, I’ve been nursing this post for the entire day.
The power of ‘petikcity”...
No comments:
Post a Comment