I think I just might be brain dead.
My brain’s not functioning as it should be. I have lost all desire to write anything of value (including this post).
How could I become I writer if I get mental blocks all the time?
Trivia! Trivia!
I used to dream about being a writer. I think that it was one of the more “realistic” dream jobs I had growing up. I was never the type who wished to have the normal job. I never wanted to be a doctor, a teacher, a boss or any other occupation most kids would normally like. MY childhood play-up/ dress-up would be that of the resident labandera, with her unruly hair and tube top. Or maybe that of the demure nun, in all her penguin suit (as seen from the hit movie, Sister Act). But my favorite role would be that of the “glamorous” manicurista/ hairdresser/ makeup artist (as you can deduce, I have a penchant for being gay). I guess that’s where I learned of my useless talent, braiding my own hair (but not others).
An article of mine was published when I was in first year college. It was all about the youth misunderstood. I don’t remember on what magazine it was published but it felt really great knowing that other people (aside from your friends, teachers, parents) are reading your article. It’s as if you connect with the rest of the world.
I had that feeling every time people would tell me they find my materials funny, inspiring, interesting. Talk about ego- boosting. I guess that’s the part that used to drive me into taking Journalism in college. Somewhere along the way, however, I just lost all the passion. Suddenly, I cant think of anything useful to say. I think that was some time in high school when I took up Creative Writing as my elective. My teacher, lets call him Dr. Evil (because he looks like the character), used to say that I had a lot of potential. Great style, witty remarks, but I’m too tamad to do anything. I remember his favorite article of mine was actually about the power of “metaphor”. I wrote something about two people having sex but I never mentioned the words sex, lovemaking, kissing or other words that would normally pertain to anything sexual. Sexual creature that he is, he appreciated the article so much he even read it in class (that embarrassed the hell out of me). Now, I wonder where all my articles have gone. Sayang. I know if I only saved all of them, I could have published my first ever book. Even two, I guess.
Anyway, by giving a trivia, I now have a complete post that actually means something! This is not gibberish after all.
No comments:
Post a Comment