Tuesday, September 13, 2005

S(h) Files: Shirking and Shopping 101

This is so liberating.

I am shirking, loafing, being obliviously unproductive … and I am loving it.

One… two… three… four… five… Yes, I am counting manpower seconds that I am wasting while I make this single pointless post. Nobody’s stopping me, I am free. FREE! FREE!!! (maniacal laugh)

And a spurt of guilt dawned on me.

(silence)


okay, its gone. Whoo, thank God.

In the absence of a topic worthy of discussion, lemme just take this opportunity to thank my not-so-evil friend Flamethrower for taking me out last Saturday. Ten million years after, she finally got her benefits from First Quadrant. Unfortunately, these are only gift certificates and not the ‘networked’ money. She was too lazy to make it work. (disclaimer: you can never make me join these things. I am way too cynical and suspicious for networking). Flamethrower decided to buy a twin jacket as a sign of our twinmanship… I mean, of our friendship pala. She should, mainly because she forced me out of my very comfortable bed just when I am needing as much sleep as possible. She bought a green jacket for me and a violet jacket for her (eggplant na eggplant!). According to her, Violet is the new black… according to her.

After the shopping with a catch, we decided to continue our shopping, or the better term would be window shopping, in Greenhills. We spent 2 hours drooling over hip shirts and new phones, criticizing overly boho dressers, and dreaming of one day being filthy rich that we can buy any clothes we want.

Mamba was supposed to be with us. However, she has more pending concerns she has to attend to.

Flamethrower on the phone: mamba, tara! Greenhills tayo. Kasama ko si Anna banana.

Mamba:D ako pwede. Magpapatanggal ako ng cyst. Next time na lang.

Flamethrower: aaah.. ok. Ingat.


.. You see, I have a dysfunctional circle of friends. They take a cyst operation casually.

During our window shopping, i overheard a funny conversation between a mom and her 7-year old son.

Son: Mommy, pagod na ako maglakad...
Mom: wala akong pakialam sa yo...

I looked over at Flamethrower and she told me..

Flamethrower: Parang nakikita mo na ba ako pag may pamilya na ako?

No comments: