Wednesday, September 14, 2005

An Ode to the Man Who Can’t Be Mine

I breathe his name on a misted window
My eyes half opened,
He stood a few feet away from me
Arms akimbo.
He looks at me, but he can’t see me.
I glance and look away,
Hoping I’ll catch his fancy.
Futile, all efforts are futile.
He can never be mine.
We meet in the hallway,
He nods, I smile and bow my head
Hoping and hoping he’ll turn around
And give me a furtive kiss which only we
And only we will know
But still, he will never be mine.
The sound of coffee being poured in a cup
Cut my reverie and brought me back to reality
A truth that I never want to accept
Is a not-so-distant scenery of unrequited love
He rummages through his things oh-so quietly
Like my silent wishes that he’ll be mine
He’ll be mine? No, that can never be.

His computer screen is on.

Blank stares.

No comments: