Saturday, December 10, 2005

A Pessimist is Never Disappointed

How many times do I have to tell myself never to underestimate God's sense of humor?


I am on a "D" roll! After the unexpected breakdown last Sunday night over a photo album, I didn"t think my mood could get worse. Apparently, the world has other plans for me.


I had to put off my alarm clock twice so I got up at around 5:45 instead of 5:30. I scrambled to my feet, hurried up since I know Monday traffic is such a bitch. When I got to the FX station, I just saw my favorite FX, rather Revo Driver pull out and drive off. Great, I was a minute late which caused me another 15 minutes before the next shuttle arrived.

Because of the music, which was plagued by novelty songs, I wasn't able to sleep. I had to put on my Ipod to save myself from having a corny LSS. Plus, I was fretting hard because like I've said, traffic on a Monday is super horrible.

When I got to the office, harassed and panting, I realized that I was still early. 8:01 am and only a few people were inside the office. When I got to my desk, I was surprised to see a turones de mane sitting idly on my table. I asked Ambec if she knew who put it there but she said she didn't. O-kay.

So, I thought that it was our boss, Ms. DT, who put it there. I joked her about giving us pasalubong with a price tag on it. She said she wasn't able to buy us pasalubong kaya it's impossible that it would come from her.

That's when I started to look around the area for other "tagaytay" comers. I only saw one... it was him. I still couldnt believe it... he actually bought me a pasalubong. Grrrrreat. Siyempre, the thought that i actually joked him about making a bilin before they went to Tagaytay kinda ruined the purity of it, but still...

Now, all i need is for him to come over and ask me if i liked the gift... okay, waiting... waiting. Drats. 3 hours after, he still didnt come forward. A few minutes before lunch time, my pseudo boss, Ms. Tetchi said hi to me. She was on leave for the entire morning so I was surprised when she came over to my cubicle and asked, "did you like my pasalubong? its for you and Ambec."


HUWAAAAAAAAT? how could i be soooooooo effing stupid? grrrr... talk about another "what are the chances" moment. I seriously thought na it was from him, i mean duh?!?! Malay ko ba na iniwanan pala ni Ms. tetchi yung turones nung bumalik sha sa office nung sunday? Kainis. It was a slap back to reality.

Again, Lord, you are a natural comic.

I am laughing on the inside.

Moral of the story:
Hindi porke nagbilin ka ng pasalubong, bibilhan ka nya. HINDI.
Hindi porke may nakalagay na pasalubong na galing sa tagaytay sa table mo, at wala nang ibang taong sa area mo na galing Tagaytay kundi si ano, ay galing na sa kanya yun. HINDI.
Hindi porke tingin sha ng tingin sa area mo tuwing nagtatanong ka kung kanino galing yung pasalubong, eh siya yun. HINDI.
Hindi Porke't kala mo its a sign na from God, eh yun na yun, na pwede mo nang ituloy ang Bargaining mo with God. HINDI.

... hay naku, Anna Michelle, TUMIGIL KA NA.

No comments: